Gruppo Izzo Alex Duetto IVGruppo Izzo
The Alex Duetto has been known for years amongst coffee enthusiasts as the leader in dual boiler espresso machines. Now, the Alex Duetto IV espresso machine by Izzo has gone even further into the forefront with a score of great new features that make this machine easier to use while producing the same great tasting espressos and cappuccinos the brand is known for.
The following is a list of functions controlled by the PID:
- Controls the temperature in the group boiler AND the steam boiler. (No Pressure stat)
- Easily changes the machines operational mode from 15 amps to 20 amps.
- Temperature display easily changed from Fahrenheit to Celsius.
- Can program the offset settings for both boilers.
- Default values for P, I, and D can be changed (please consult with our Service Department prior to changing).
- Either boiler can be turned off. (save energy and turn the steam boiler off if you only want espresso)
Note: You can also turn the steam boiler on and off with a switch on the side of the machine.
All machines are 110 volt, 15 amp and 60 hz. (220 v is not available)
For those of you who are uncertain if you have a 15 amp or 20 amp receptacle, please look at the image below. 15 Amp Mode will need to use a converter cord. If you have ANY questions please feel free to call us prior to making a purchase. We are here to help.
Warranty: Two-year parts and labor.
The Alex Duetto IV is packaged with PolyLam, an organic product that is much more denser than Sytrofoam and beneficial for the environment. PolyLam is lightweight, clean, and offers perfect protection for the espresso machine when transporting. It is 100% recyclable.
(Free shipping in the 48 contiguous United States)
- **NEW** Inversion of the motor position: The Motor has been installed over the pump
- **NEW** Pump adjustable from outside, adjust the pump without disassembling the machine
- **NEW** NEW PID with shot timer integrated
- **NEW** Boilers with drain plug
- **NEW** Mushroom in stainless steel
- **NEW** Internal Gicler in stainless steel
- **NEW** Heating elements access, change heating elements without disassembling the machine
- **NEW** Double precision insert basket
- Smaller, recessed heater lights
- Large redesigned drip tray, holds 32 oz. of water
- Drip tray has catch tray on back, easy to slide in
- Ergonomic angled portafilters, for ease of use
- Cup warmer tray with rails, better ventilation
- Reinforce front to reduce flexing
- Discharge into drip tray goes down instead of forward, silicone tube no longer visible
- Easy access expansion valve
- Lever action, E 61 commercial group with automatic pre-infusion
- No-Burn articulating steam arm
- No-Burn articulating hot water arm
- 4 different style tips (1- 2 hole, 2- 4 hole,1-5 hole)
- Stainless steel base 58mm tamper
- All stainless construction (including the frame)
- Large removable drip tray (includes option to drain if desired)
- Dual boilers
- PID controller for the group boiler (with 1.0 degree Fahrenheit adjustment)
- PID controller also controls the steam boiler temperature (and thus pressure)
- Extremely quiet rotary pump
- Quiet and more reliable SSR Power Relay
- Water tank 2.4 liter with low water sensor (cuts power to heater)
- Lever control to allow switching water source from direct plumb to water tank
- Low water sensor in the reservoir
- Red indicator lights clearly marked so you can tell which boiler is receiving power
- Rubber insulating boots over heating element ends for safety
- Optional drain kit included
- 15 or 20 amperage operational mode
- 2" clearance between the drip tray and the portafilter